-->

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bright Winter Coat

Coat Thrifted Vintage | Dress Vintage | Long Sleeve Shirt Forever 21 | Tights Hue | Boots Kelsi Dagger | Necklace Sparklepop 

First, let me tell you how much I love this coat. This coat was definitely meant to be. I found this at the Council for Jewish Women Thrift Shop in Los Angeles. I was shopping for a client and this coat caught my eye. I kept telling myself "Focus" and "It's 80 degrees outside, why do you need this coat?" But it seemed like everywhere I went in the store the coat was calling me. So I did the only thing I knew would ease my curiosity, I tried it on. One of two things happens when you try a taunting item on;  either it doesn't fit and you no longer think about the item or it fits and you have to have it. So clearly the latter took place. I tried the coat on and was still trying to convince myself I didn't need the coat, I tried it on again and flipped the collar, it was all over at that point. 
So today was a bright coat day. I've been feeling so dark since moving to New York because I'm almost always in some variation of black. Today I'm meeting with a few women looking to interview me for their site so it was a perfect day to break the black cycle. How do you infuse color this winter?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment